Best's Recommended Expert Service Providers
Slip & Fall
Sotter Engineering Corporation
Safety Direct America
- Telephone: 949-582-0889
- Fax: 949-916-2193
- Toll Free: 800-988-6721
- E-Mail: George.Sotter@SafetyDirectAmerica.com
- Website: www.SafetyDirectAmerica.com
- About Us
- Services Rendered
- Professional Memberships
- Service Area
- High Profile Cases
- Additional Links
California License #3028, Chemical Engineer Certified by the City of Los Angeles for Pedestrian Slip Resistance Testing
Sotter Engineering Corporation is Licensed by the State of California Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors. We have been testing flooring slip resistance for more than 24 years. We are the foremost slip testing firm in the Americas. Certified by City of Los Angeles for testing floor slip resistance. Consultant to major cruise ship companies. Dr. J. George Sotter, P.E. has testified 35 times in depositions, arbitrations (2), and trials (9) since 1994. Defense and plaintiff. Not a full-time professional witness.
- Slip/Trip and Fall Investigations
- Phone for courtesy claimant questionnaire.
More than 30 years as a consultant including 90 publications. Conducted landmark research in occupational slip causes. Trial, deposition, and arbitration experience. Author, Stop Slip and Fall Accidents! 2000, www.amazon.com. Slip prevention consultant to two major cruise ship companies.
- American Society for Testing and Materials
- Chair, Ceramic Tile Institute of America's Slip Resistance Committee
- United Kingdom Slip Group and five relevant U.S. Committees.
United States, Canada, Guam and Bermuda
J. George Sotter, P.E., Ph.D.
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S. (with honors), 1961
- University of Sheffield, Ph.D., 1964
John C. Sotter
- University of California, San Diego, B.A., 1992
Establishing Safe slip resistance by George Sotter
High Profile Cases
$1,000,000 recovery from client's flooring contractor on outdoor mall slip and fall.